- 1981 - Houston Trane founded as a subsidiary of The Trane Company by R. O. Hunton
- 1984 - Houston Trane purchased from Trane Company by R. O. Hunton
- 1984 - Installed the first Trane Control System in a high rise building
- 1987 - Houston Trane completed first gas Turbine Cooling project for power plants, using commercial chillers (Destec Energy)
- 1990 - Houston Trane constructed 54,000 square foot Westpark HQ
and became 1st participant in HL&P's Commercial Cool Storage Pilot
- 1990 - Houston Trane acquired the exclusive distribution for Trane Residential & LCU products in S.E. Texas
- 1993 - Houston Trane completed the world's first CFC Chiller
conversion of a high-rise building at Texaco Heritage Plaza in Houston,
- 1996 - Houston Trane became charter ally of EPA Energy Star Buildings Program
- 1997 - Houston Trane changed name to Hou-Tra International
- Hou-Tra Intl. Specialty Products founded to sell non Trane HVAC products
- 1998 - HVAC Mechanical Services, Inc. purchased by Hou-Tra
International and merged with Hou-Tra's Aftermarket Services Division to
form a new company - a full-service, turn-key solutions provider for
commercial, institutional and industrial markets headquartered at Luce
St. (85,000 sq. ft.)
- 1999 - Hou-Tra International purchased an additional 65,000
square foot facility within four blocks of HVAC Mechanical Services for
modification, fabrication and coatings services
- 2002 - Hunton Distribution formed by merging Residential
equipment sales, Parts and Supplies and Vical Financial. At the same
time, Hunton Distribution expanded their territory to include West
Texas, Oklahoma and Eastern New Mexico with distribution locations in
Houston (2), Lubbock, Oklahoma and El Paso
- 2004 - Hou-Tra International renamed as The Hunton Group,
consisting of Hunton Trane, Hunton Trane Services, and Hunton Specialty
Products on the Commercial Solutions side; and Hunton Distribution and
VICAL financial services on the Distribution side.
- 2006 - Hunton Group reaches sales of $200 million with over 350 employees
- Hunton Group forms Hunton Energy, a development company
for power production using emerging and tested technologies.
- 2007 - Built new Hunton Distribution headquarters and warehouse
(121,000 square feet) on Central Greens contiguous to George Bush
- 2007 - No. 1 Evapco distributor in the USA
- 2008 - Received Trane Pacesetter award for being #1 in sales for Trane in both applied commercial and residential.
- Hunton Group sales increase to $300 million with over 400 employees.
- 2008 - No. 1 Evapco distributor in the USA
- 2006 / 2008 / 2009 / 2012 - Received Trane Pacesetter award for being #1 in residential sales
- 2009 - Hunton Energy received TCEQ permit for its Freeport
gasification plant (one of only two permits issued for U.S gasification
- 2010 - Convergentz formed: an independent controls company specializing in building integration with open protocols.
- 2012 - Completed Houston’s first “Smart Building” retrofit at Pennzoil Plaza
- Acquired Advanced Home Technologies (AHT), a design and
installation contractor for home entertainment and security systems.
- 2013 - Convergentz sales exceed $15 million.
- Received contract to renovate controls for the National Archives in Washington, DC.
- Completed renovation of third high rise office building in Houston
- Completed $2M retrofit of George R. Brown Open System Controls