Mental Health AwarenessMonday, June 11, 2018
Everyone feels sad, empty, or anxious at times.If these feelings persist and start to interfere with daily activities, you might be suffering from depression, anxiety, or both. Depression and anxiety can affect you both emotionally and physically and may require treatment.
Some common symptoms of depression are:
• Loss of appetite or weight change.
• Feeling sad, anxious, empty, guilty, hopeless, or worthless.
• Fatigue, lack of energy, or motivation.
• Sleep problems, including not being able to sleep, oversleeping, or waking often.
• Thoughts of death or suicide.
Some common signs of anxiety are:
• Constantly feeling on-edge, restless, or worried.
• Unexplained sudden shaking or trembling.
• Frequent panic attacks (increased heart rate, sweating, nausea, shortness of breath, or chest pain).
• Irrational thoughts, fears, or obsessions.
• Compulsive behaviors or rituals.
Ways to keep your mind healthy:
1. Eating nutritious foods goes a long way
2. Learning how to manage stress, yoga anyone?
3. Sleeping well is fundamental to a healthy mind
4. Finding ways to keep your gut (the second brain) healthy
5. Incorporating exercise daily
Post has no comments.